- Shapwick Moor Purchases New Equipment with the Help of Two Generous Donations (11/19/2015) - “Dear All Busy times continue at Shapwick Moor, as we have very recently taken delivery of our very own All Terrain John Deere Gator. It is with great thanks to two incredibly generous Hawk and Owl Trust members from Derbyshire, who donated the funds for us to purchase this much needed item after meeting with us at… Continue Reading
- Shapwick News Update – November 2015 (11/7/2015) - News From Shapwick Moor by Phil Holms The review meeting on the 17th October was very well attended. A walk round the reserve with Reserve Manager and Trustee Phil Holms and Simon Beard was enjoyed and the ensuing discussions over tea and scrummy cake (courtesy of Pat) covered many topics, including plans for the reserve and… Continue Reading
- Shapwick Moor News Update for 2015 – In Pictures (11/1/2015) - Shapwick Moor is a 138 acre (55.99 hectare) Hawk and Owl Trust nature reserve, located on the Somerset Levels. This news update for 2015 uses photos taken at the reserve throughout the year. As part of the Heritage Lottery Funding that we get, we have to complete a baseline assessment of the current nature conservation value of the… Continue Reading
- Environmental Conservation Apprenticeship Opportunity with The Somerset Wildlife Trust (10/27/2015) - Environmental Conservation Apprenticeship Opportunity with The Somerset Wildlife Trust Passionate about nature? Want to kick-start a career in environmental conservation? Our conservation colleagues at the Avalon Marshes Centre in Somerset (who work closely with our reserve at Shapwick Moor) currently have a new opening for an Environmental Conservation Apprenticeship. For a link to the… Continue Reading
- Shapwick News Update – October 2015 (10/9/2015) - Our final walk of the summer on Kenn Sea Wall was enjoyed by a select few! As last year it was a pleasant, still evening, though with slightly fewer birds to see. We are grateful to Trevor Riddle for his informative guidance. Monday, 21st October sees the start of the winter talks programme. Our Conservation… Continue Reading
For a complete archive of Shapwick News Click Here. You can also visit our News Archives page to review all our historical new items.