- Shapwick Moor News Update – February 2016 (2/8/2016) - This News Update from the Hawk and Owl Trusts reserve at Shapwick Moor has been provided by Simon Beard, via the North Somerset and Bristol Group February 2016 Newsletter On the work day which took place on Sunday 30 January, the recently dug gutters in the field alongside the drove were looking pleasingly full and… Continue Reading
- Shapwick Moor on the Somerset Levels, Celebrates as They Take Delivery of Their New All Terrain Gator (12/11/2015) - Shapwick Moor takes delivery of its New Gator Towards the end of November we were very excited to take delivery of our very own All Terrain John Deere Gator. Alan and Sylvia Williams, two incredibly generous Hawk and Owl Trust members from Derbyshire donated funds for us to purchase this much needed item after meeting… Continue Reading
- Shapwick Moor Purchases New Equipment with the Help of Two Generous Donations (11/19/2015) - “Dear All Busy times continue at Shapwick Moor, as we have very recently taken delivery of our very own All Terrain John Deere Gator. It is with great thanks to two incredibly generous Hawk and Owl Trust members from Derbyshire, who donated the funds for us to purchase this much needed item after meeting with us at… Continue Reading
- Shapwick News Update – November 2015 (11/7/2015) - News From Shapwick Moor by Phil Holms The review meeting on the 17th October was very well attended. A walk round the reserve with Reserve Manager and Trustee Phil Holms and Simon Beard was enjoyed and the ensuing discussions over tea and scrummy cake (courtesy of Pat) covered many topics, including plans for the reserve and… Continue Reading
- Shapwick Moor News Update for 2015 – In Pictures (11/1/2015) - Shapwick Moor is a 138 acre (55.99 hectare) Hawk and Owl Trust nature reserve, located on the Somerset Levels. This news update for 2015 uses photos taken at the reserve throughout the year. As part of the Heritage Lottery Funding that we get, we have to complete a baseline assessment of the current nature conservation value of the… Continue Reading
For a complete archive of Shapwick News Click Here. You can also visit our News Archives page to review all our historical new items.