- We did it! New Year joy as we hear we have been awarded more than £800,000 from Heritage Lottery Fund. (1/8/2019) - Just before Christmas we heard that we have been successful in securing a National Lottery grant of £821,700. This is a truly significant moment, meaning the vision of a major nature reserve and community project at Sculthorpe can become a reality. The National Lottery funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) is part of an… Continue Reading
- Sunday 15th July – Sculthorpe Moor Reserve Closure (6/28/2018) - We are sorry due to a private function then Sculthorpe Reserve will be shut from 2pm on Sunday 15th July, for this afternoon only. We are open as normal in the morning from 8am. For further details please contact 01328 856 788. Continue Reading
- Flooding at Sculthorpe Moor Reserve (4/4/2018) - Sculthorpe Moor reserve re-opened on Monday 9 April. Talks are ongoing with environment Agency and other involved parties. FLOODING UPDATE: According to the Environment Agency website there is no flooding west of Fakenham (flooding: orange area on map). Here at Sculthorpe Moor (‘X’ on map) we beg to differ (photos taken today, 4th April 2018).… Continue Reading
- Norfolk Conservation Corps help out at Sculthorpe (1/9/2018) - On Sunday 7th January, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Neil Chadwick, supervised over a dozen volunteers from the Norfolk Conservation Corps who came to lend a hand clearing saplings on the fen in front of the Whitley Hide. This redoubtable group of volunteers has been in existence for forty years and go out nearly every Sunday to carry… Continue Reading
- Sculthorpe Moor reserve closed (1/2/2018) - Due to the excessive flooding, sadly Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve is currently closed to the public. Water is now receding and we are hopeful that we will be open as usual on Wednesday 3rd January 2018. Continue Reading
For a complete archive of Sculthorpe News Click Here. You can also visit our News Archives page to review all our historical new items.