Sculthorpe Moor Riverside Boardwalk Appeal 2015 – Due for completion by summer 2016 (weather permitting)
We need your help to raise £32,000 to make Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve 100% accessible to all. We think this is the only reserve in the UK that can say this.
For only £10 per board you can help us achieve the 2000 boards that we need to complete the boardwalk along the Riverside Path and know that you are helping everyone enjoy nature at its best in this wonderful part of North Norfolk. Help us make Sculthorpe Moor 100% accessible to all!
All boards will be numbered with a small brass number plaque and sponsors will be recognised on a ‘Roll of Honour’ that will receive pride of place in our visitors’ centre! This is an excellent opportunity to remember people In Memory or to buy boards for friends, family, grandchildren and other loved ones.
Fill in the simple form below and Sponsor a Board online or call Sculthorpe Moor on 01328 856 788 and sponsor by phone or send a cheque made payable to the Hawk and Owl Trust to Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve, Turf Moor Road, Sculthorpe, Norfolk NR21 9GN. You can always visit us at Sculthorpe Moor and fill in the form there!
The proposed Riverside Boardwalk will:
- Replace the existing wood chip path that is difficult to negotiate for those unsteady on their feet or in a wheelchair, buggy or pram.
- Include a bespoke reed screen on the reserve side up to the scrape to reduce the impact on the wildlife. The outstanding views across the river Wensum will still remain. We have had huge breeding success of new species such as lapwing as a result of our reed bed refurbishment project that we have just completed. Our new Volunteer tower-hide, accessible via our aerial walkway, will provide the best views of the scrape and open water across the reserve
- Have more seats and resting points along the route so you can fully appreciate the wonderful setting.
- Be accessible to wheelchair and motorised buggy users and families with prams and pushchairs. Truly ‘Access for All’.
- Utilise the incredible volunteers we have at Sculthorpe, saving thousands of pounds on labour costs. Our wonderful team of volunteers have just completed the incredible aerial walkway and tower hide and are chomping at the bit to get straight on with the Riverside Boardwalk project.
We have a great record of delivering tremendous results with the funds that we have been given previously via a huge volunteer contribution to our projects – we only use contractors where we absolutely have to. Every penny you can spare will help towards our target. Please take one of our Sponsor A Board leaflets which give details of the various ways to donate and has a form on the back for details.
With your generosity, the expertise of our staff and the efforts of our volunteers, we can make Sculthorpe Moor an even better place for wildlife and visitors.