Trust Calls for the Killing to Stop
Policy to protect bird of prey populations
- The Hawk and Owl Trust wants to see birds of prey reaching their full potential as a vital and beautiful part of the UK environment.
- The Hawk and Owl Trust will support anyone – landowners, farmers, householders – wanting to improve habitat and nesting places for birds of prey, through expert advice and practical action, as far as our resources allow.
- The Hawk and Owl Trust wants to see birds of prey universally recognised, as top of the natural food chain, for their vital role as indicators of the health of the environment we all share.
- The Hawk and Owl Trust will share the beauty of birds of prey, and help people understand and appreciate them through its education service, its reserves, outreach to landowners and community projects.
- The Hawk and Owl Trust deplores illegal persecution of birds of prey and sees its complete cessation as an urgent priority for all in the countryside.
- The Hawk and Owl Trust calls for any alternative to be sought to lethal control where humans come into conflict with birds of prey.
Download our policy statement here