- Hawk and Owl Trust Fylingdales Reserve Update – October 2015 (10/21/2015) - It has been a busy year for the Hawk and Owl Trust’s Fylingdales reserve with very successful plant and wildlife surveys and brilliantly positive feedback from our education and outreach programme. For those who don’t know, Fylingdales Moor consists of 7000 acres of what used to be Victorian grouse shooting estate (ceasing back in 1990)… Continue Reading
- Check Out the Hawk and Owl Trusts Events Listings for Autumn/Winter (9/15/2015) - Across the Hawk and Owl Trust we have an exciting range or walks, talks and exhibitions taking place throughout the autumn and winter of 2015/2016. From Sculthorpe Moor, to Shapwick Moor and across several of our national groups, we have a packed calendar of events to keep you busy through the coming months. Please… Continue Reading
- Out of the Ashes of the Fylingdales Fire – Five Days That Shook the Moor (10/15/2013) - The five days from 17 – 21 September 2003 saw a huge fire devastate part of Fylingdales Moor on the North York Moors, stretching from the A171, where it is believed to have started due to a discarded cigarette, to near the coast at Ravenscar. In total 2.4 square kilometres of moorland and fragile peat… Continue Reading
- Rare Royal Fern found on Fylingdales Moor (7/22/2013) - Staff at the Hawk and Owl moorland reserve at Fylingdales on the North York Moors are delighted to announce the discovery of a rare fern. ‘A Royal Fern is a great find for Fylindales. This brings the ‘un-official’ plant count to 269 species now!’ Says Chris Hansell, Hawk and Owl Trust Ranger at Fylingdales Continue Reading
- Barns Owls Fly in for a School Visit (4/2/2013) - On Friday 15 February, Millie and Bundi, two Barn owls from Parrot and Seal animal displays and their handlers, Lauren Smith and Josephine Schneider, visited the Infants and aptly named Little Owls Pre-School at Bramcote Junior School. The owls were a little ‘fidgety’ as they really wanted to be flying around! Unlike real barn owls… Continue Reading
For a complete archive of Fylingdales News Click Here. You can also visit our News Archives page to review all our historical new items.