Are you a bird watcher or someone who spends time in the countryside and are against raptor persecution?
The one day Wildlife Crime Workshops, to be held at Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve on Monday 28 and Tuesday 29 September 2015 are for you. This is the place to learn how to recognise, record and report this needless and illegal killing! Thanks to an anonymous donor we can keep the course price to £25 including lunch and refreshments during the day.
If Norfolk is not convenient, register your interest by emailing us at email@example.com and we will continue to roll these Workshops out round the country.
Why the Hawk and Owl Trust are running these courses
- The Hawk and Owl Trust want to see a lot more of these wildlife criminals caught and prosecuted. Having spoken to many Wildlife Crime Police Officers and several Police Commissioners, it is clear we are failing to spot the crime, record the evidence effectively and report it efficiently to the police.
- As a practical organisation we want to offer the training to start to put this right. We want to help create an ever increasing team of trained people who will be Wildlife Crime Aware and who will help put a stop to the carnage once and for all.
- We are starting this series of courses in Norfolk but will be running them at various venues round the UK. If you would like to register interest for future workshops – please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are grateful to Birders Against Wildlife Crime for highlighting their Recognise, Record and Report campaign at the ‘Eyes in the Field’ Wildlife Crime Conference at Buxton in 2014 and hope that these workshops will add to the many new initiatives that flowed from that conference.
- We will also be working closely with the Wildlife Crime Aware team and the fantastic materials and messages they provide – see here: wildlifecrimeaware.org
- Last and by no means least, we hope that these workshops will feed into a united effort from across the whole conservation movement to save our raptors from criminals, especially our hen harriers that are in a perilous state. Without the cessation of the slaughter, other conservation measures, past, current and future will be futile.
If you are interested in booking your place on this course then please Click Here for full details and to view the booking form.